No business can afford to be without a mobile website. Not only is this vital for your web visitors, but now Google is even penalizing if your site isn't mobile-friendly. Today's World Wide Web is seen on displays of varying shapes and sizes. While screen sizes are always changing, there is one constant: Your website should always look clean and professional.
You want to be sure that you pick the right mobile solution to help improve your online growth. Therefore it’s critical that you hire a company that has the experience and know-how to build this properly for you. Our team understands what it takes to create a powerful and streamlined mobile website.
We offer you two solutions that you can choose from, to mobilize your website.
Option 1: Responsive Design
Essentially a website with a responsive design will adapt/respond to whatever device it's being viewed on (i.e. desktop, tablet, mobile, etc.).
- Responsive design is Google's recommended mobile solution.
- Incorporated into your existing website.
- Your website design and content will be retained and rendered regardless of the device it's viewed on.
- Highly flexible – one responsive website works on all devices, so only one site has to be created and maintained.
- Can be a better return on investment since most responsive sites won’t need much future maintenance to comply with new browsers.
Pros of Responsive Design:
- Cost may be higher, depending on your current website.
- Your current website may not be compatible for responsive design.
Cons of Responsive Design:
Option 2: Mobile-friendly website
This consists of building a new website for mobile devices only. This new mobile site will not retain your current website design, but we can customize its colors and how you want the various elements to be laid out. Essentially, all of your current website (including content) will redirect to this new mobile website when viewed on mobile devices.
- Can be customized for mobile users.
- Should be the most mobile-friendly version of a site.
- Might be lower initial costs and easier to design.
Pros of Mobile Sites:
- This website will only be friendly to mobile devices, not tablet devices. Tablet devices may render your website large enough for viewing which in that case only having a mobile-friendly version is sufficient.
- Recurring maintenance/fees.
- Does not retain the design of your current website
- May need to be reworked to meet future browsers
Cons of Mobile Sites:
The BBEX team applies advanced knowledge of web design, business and search engine optimization (SEO) in order to create the most powerful and effective mobile websites on the market. Contact a BBEX project manager today to discuss your next mobile website.